Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

A Day in the Life: Aliya S. King's Platinum Launch Party with Mashonda and Her New Man, Michael Honablue



    One of my favorite writers, Aliya S. King, celebrated her book release yesterday evening at Bo Concept. Guests like Mashonda (the ex-wife of rapper Swizz Beats), Tashera Simmons (DMX's wife) and Bevy Smith enjoyed Hennessy Black cocktails, Get Em Girls platinum cupcakes and Sexy Treats chocolate-covered strawberries (yum!).










    While DJ Sewlyn Hinds spun tunes in the background, the room full of young tastemakers and celebs toasted what promises to be one of the best books of the year.


    Aliya S. King's first novel, Platinum (Touchstone Hard Cover; Simon & Schuster) offers a juicy, provocative behind-the-scenes look into the world of rap stars' wives and girlfriends. Haven't read it yet, but will be sure to give you a review when I do!


    From what my girls Bevy Smith and Belle of A Belle in Brooklyn say, it's one of those rare books that make you want to scream, cry and throw it across the room. The one thing you won't be able to do, however, is put it down.






    And can I just say I love that Mashonda was there with her new boo, Michael Honablue, an Emmy-nominated TV producer? Now, I don't take sides (...or atleast I'm trying not to) but her interview just released on Vibe.com today brought me to tears. Here's to moving up and moving on, Mashonda! And that white dress is gorg (no better revenge than looking fabulous).


    Here's what Mashonda and Tashera had to say about the novel:



    After introducing Aliya, Mashonda told the crowd: “If you ever want to see what our lives are like, you need to read this book.”

    Tashera Simmons, wife of DMX, who is profiled in Platinum recalled how meeting Aliya changed her for the better: “I met Aliya when she was writing an article for Vibe Magazine about the secret lives of Hip Hop Wives. I met her when I was feeling trapped and Aliya helped me to open up and be honest about my life.”


    I can't wait to get my hands on this book! In the meantime, tell me what you think of the looks from last night's event. Are you excited for the debut of Platinum? And what are your thoughts on Mashonda's Vibe.com interview?


    Kisses,


    Coutura

Blog Archive