Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

AD GLAM: Nike is the Latest Company to Push the Big Butt "Trend"

    Who knew all along, when I was eating soul food and hitting the Stairmaster, that I was making a political statement by embracing my butt?

    Well, according to Nike, a butt is a bold message to society, rather than a part of the female body that has been celebrated, if marginally, for years.

    Their big butt campaign displays a woman of mixed ethnicity proudly showing off the extra fat around her butt next to a speech about the power of the derriere.

    Take a look below:



    Wow. I have to say, I always find it a little odd when 'body parts' or 'plus-size figures' become en vogue. When addressing a woman's body, I feel that a commitment to accepting all shapes (big butts and flat butts) is ideal. Maybe that's naive, wishful thinking on my part. But when the Jennifer Lopez-es, Beyonce's, Serena's and Kim Kardashian's are no longer popular, should we all go back to feeling too curvy again? There's danger in that.

    I, for one, will love my butt even when Nike's moved on to a new body part. I did laugh at the comment about the space heater though, LOL. 

    What do you think of the ad? And the new big butt trend?

    Kisses,

    Coutura


Blog Archive