Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

How To Make A Glamazon (And Other Fun Highlights From Ferocia's Birthday Extravaganza)




    Hey Glamazons! As you know, last week was my birthday party extravaganza downtown at Foundation and I must say that it turned out to be the most amazing event ever. (I'm sure there's more to come in my future, but for right now this one takes the cake.) My party planning amiga Stephanie helped me to secure some fab sponsors, so my friends and I were able to kick back and relax. That's me above sipping on my signature cocktail created by Russian Standard Vodka called The Glamazon. Wanna know how to make it? Here's the recipe:

    -1.5 oz Russian Standard Vodka
    -8 fresh mint leaves
    -.5 oz lime juice
    -1/2 pink grapefruit (you can sub this with pink grapefruit juice if need be)
    -.5 oz of honey syrup (equal parts hot water and equal parts honey)
    Muddle grapefruit, honey syrup, mint leaves and lime juice
    Add ice, shake vigorously
    Double strain and pour into a chilled cocktail glass
    Add 1 drop of grenadine
    Garnish with a mint leaf

    Pretty easy stuff, right?! It tastes delish and folks at the party couldn't get enough of it.
    Check out pics below from the event and head over to Glamour.com to get the inside scoop on how my beauty look was created. (Hair by none other than the amazing David Lopez and makeup by MAC Senior Makeup Artist Keri Blair Walden.) OH! And my glamazing gold dress is by Alice + Olivia.

    Coutura and I showcasing the official drink menu with the our awesome Glamazons logo on the bottom.

    And here's Coutura and I just looking our normal fab selves....

    No party would be complete without my fellow Glamour.com beauty blogger Christa J. Lee!

    Getting birthday kisses from my friend over at Focus Features Mingun Kim.


    And here I am getting birthday hugs courtesy of my awesome friend Carlos Greer from PEOPLE magazine.


    My fab friend Ashley Womble from Cosmopolitan.com and I are really good at striking a pose, wouldn't you say? I've known this gal since college...we both worked at the college newspaper together. If you'd told me that we'd grow up to one day look this good I'd say you were lying hahaha

    The best beauty blogging amigas a girl could ask for (from l to r): Kristin Booker from Fashion.Style.Beauty; Eileen D of MissWhoeverYourAre; and Sarah Conley of StyleIt.


    I love me some Heather Park! She works for MAC cosmetics by day and morphs into a sultry soul singer by night...isn't she the cutest?!

    Me along with some of my good girlfriends (from l to r): Christina Hardy from ESSENCE magazine, Pietrina Love and Elaine Welteroth from EBONY magazine.


    Comedian Ron G came all the way from LaLaLand (i.e. L.A.) to help me celebrate my birthday. He's such a great friend...it also helps that he's super funny, too!

    While we milled around drinking Glamazons, we also noshed on these great tasting cupcake shots made by Tonnie's Minis and I passed around gift bags that included beauty goodies from Maybelline/Garnier, Nivea, Aveda, Sally Hansen, Pacifica and SuperSmile. Did I also mention that Rev 3 Energy drinks were also given to the guests so that they could even stay awake to party with me?! (After all, it was held on a Thursday night hahaha) Wish you all could have been there to share in the birthday festivities with me!

    xo
    Ferocia

Blog Archive