Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Eva Longoria Launches Fragrance in London; Promises It Will Please Peeps Who Are "Allergic" To Perfumes



    Actress Eva Longoria was recently snapped Sunday at The Perfume Shop in London as part of the official launch of her new signature fragrance Eva by Eva Longoria.
    Last year, Longoria had this to say to WWD about why her fragrance was so darned special:
    "I have always been somewhat allergic to all perfumes and really wanted to create something that every woman could wear. So, I decided to create my own fragrance that is light, fresh and unique. I think the scent of a woman is extremely sexy and this scent will prove that."
    Um, so if you're really "allergic" to perfumes, shouldn't you just avoid them all-together?! Isn't it like false advertising to say that every woman can wear this new fragrance if you're truly allergic to fragrance?
    Yes, Glamazons, I have seriously sat here and analyzed this. And I'm pretty sure that what the lovely Longoria meant when she said "allergic to perfumes" is that this is for those woman that can't stand the smell of cheap, overbearing liquids that other celebrities sometimes launch. (Ahem, Beyonce. Sorry guys but I still stand by my opinion that her first fragrance Heat smells cheap..and horrible. Hopefully her next one will be much better!)
    Anywhoo, back to Longoria: apparently the actress was extremely involved in the making of it so that should be a good sign, right? It features top notes of citrus, neroli, bergamot tea and aldehydes. The heart of the fragrance includes sheer jasmine, muguet, violet and freesia with a drydown of skin musk, amber and sandalwood. The bottle was designed to resemble a "female silhouette."
    Here's what the ads will look like:

    It sounds like it will smell very light and pretty, but I'll hold judgement on it until I smell it for myself. The fragrance is slated to hit the U.S. by April2011 and will be available in stores such as Macy's and Dilliard's.
    In the meantime don't you think that Longoria looks like Victoria Beckham's little mini-me in that beige dress (which just so happens to be a Victoria Beckham design) and matching Louboutins?! She looks gorge (per usual) but I really do wish that she'd develop her own style and run with it.
    What do you think Glamazons? Also, who plans on buying the fragrance when it hits the U.S.?
    xo
    Ferocia
    Photo: Getty

Blog Archive