Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

MAGAZINE GLAM or SHAM: Zoe Saldana on the Cover of NYLON


    Put Zoe Saldana in a brown paper bag and she'll look beautiful. The It Girl actress has appeared on several magazines this month like Glamour and ESSENCE in everything from a sparkly minidress to a metallic tank. And  she's looked gorg on every cover.

    NYLON Magazine's April cover is no exception, and yet people have been tearing the cover apart. The funniest complaint is that it looks like an Urban Outfitters ad. I agree but there is something charming about Zoe in a casual, unfussy moment.

    What do you think? Is it an Urban Outfitters knockoff? Is it a refreshing look for Zoe? Give your verdict: Glam or a Sham.

    Sidenote: say what you want about the cover, but this article may be my favorite. Check out excerpts and go to Nylonmag.com for more.

    On learning dance as a child:
    “That was the beginning of a beautiful fucking romance.  That was my Xanax, let me tell you… it put all my demons in order.”


    On Hollywood casting:
    “When they say ‘We want to go white,’ they have a very smooth way of saying it, and the recent one is the word traditional.  [I’ve heard] ‘Oh, you know, you’re just not what we were looking for, your skin is a little darker.’  Compared to what?!  My skin is just my skin.  It’s dark if you compare it to someone who’s lighter.”

    On meeting James Cameron:

    “I’m thinking he probably imagined some Amazonian girl [for Neytiri] – I had really long hair at the time – wearing really little shit with like, a bow and arrow.  I had no idea she was blue and nine feet tall.  But for some reason, he was like, ‘You look so much like her!’”


    Kisses,

    Coutura

Blog Archive