Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The Application of Grey Coverage

    I have had many people ask me where do I start my tint applications, back of the head or front. As in many cases with hair color it all depends on the individuals needs and what is it I want to create with an end result. I was taught like many in hairdressing school the standard four quarter parting and begin the application from the back of the head, right or wrong, my verdict is still out of this one and how it is taught in beauty schools. What I do know is this, when I first started coloring hair it occurred to me that maybe by applying my tints first in the front I would get better coverage on grey since the percentage was higher there as well people are naturally lighter and look at the most. Having experienced excellent results the majority of clients I did had their hair color applied in the front first and too this day I still work this way.

    Common sense tells me that by applying the color in the front first including sides with grey coverage will allow the color to process slightly longer and where it needs it the most. also believe it or not makes the hair color appear more natural when it processes slightly longer in the front giving a more even coverage. When I am doing more creative work I apply the color starting in the back of the head working my way towards the front and sides 90% of the time, because I either have already placement my details(foils ect.) or I am using more than one tint shade on the hair for color layering. I also operate this way when I am dealing with high-lift blonde tints, again it makes more sense allowing the color to sit longer while I am finishing up the back of the head. If you are one of those people who love to try unconventional way’s in the hair color world try applying your grey coverage tints in the front first, it will make a difference with a better result in coverage.

Blog Archive