Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

GET THE LOOK: Keri Hilson at the 2010 Grammys



    Hey Glamazons! Songtress Keri Hilson finally "WOW'd" us last night in a floor length Dolce & Gabbana mermaid gown, a jeweled smokey eye and dewy skin. Makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff (whom we love!) shares with us how she created the look:

    "Keri Hilson looked like a 1950's diva when she left for the 2010 Grammys. Her peach dress with jeweled waistband was fit to the T and hugged every curve with care. I was inspired to play up her beautiful hazel eyes and also give a touch of edge to her Hollywood glam goddess look."

    "Before applying makeup, always start with clean, toned and moisturized skin. I use Mary Kay's TimeWise Targeted-Action Eye Revitalizer to refresh tired eyes. I love Enessa Neroli Oil Spray to tone skin and make skin glow. To finish, prep skin with La Mer moisturizer."

    The Perfect Face

    "I love for Keri to look flawless because she has such a beautiful bone structure. I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer to give makeup long wearability, then I apply COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation to create a flawless finish. I create a sculpted glowing face using COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer in Light Bronze. I also use it to contour the nose and cheekbones."

    Radiant Cheeks

    "I love the soft peach tones of her dress so I accented Keri's cheeks with Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Strawberry Cream which has a subtle cotton candy rose tone with a beautiful shimmer to it, so cheeks just glow."

    Standout Eyes

    "Keri wanted to have a jewel tone smoke so I chose a beautiful deep purple shade from Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Sweet Plum on her lids and lower lash line. As a base to intensify the purple shadow I applied COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Purple Plum. Then I created depth using Tigi Bed Head Big Fat Fun Liner in Purple and COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume Mascara in Black to top the look, coating both bottom and top lashes three times. I used Ja’Maal Busters Lash Line to add that extra drama for red carpet flare."

    Luscious Lips

    "I didn't want to do just a nude lip and smoky eye so instead I went retro— think Kevyn Aucoin meets Naomi Campbell in the 90's with a deeper liner using Mary Kay Lip Liner in Dark Berry. I lined lips then used a brush to blend the liner out so it had soft edges then used COVERGIRL Queen Collection Lip Gloss in Pearled Peach in the center of the lips to create the perfect pout."

    Glorious Brows

    "Brows frame the face and I love Keri's brows because they are naturally high arched but also full. So I fill them in with Dior Universal Brow Pencil then brush them with Diorshow Brow in Shiny Blond so they shimmer with a golden glow."

    Bodilicious


    "Keri's dress was amazing and really showed off her curves so I wanted her skin to glow. I used Sally Beauty Body Glow Shimmer spray to give her body that shimmery glow."




Blog Archive