Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Backstage Beauty: Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2010

    Hey Glamazons! Clearly the fashion gods are NOT smiling upon us here in New York because there's a freakin' blizzard going on outside, inches of snow and/or dirty, slushy pools of ice water (depending on where you are in the city) making it NOT fun to get around. I left my apartment today feeling the queen of frump (instead of the queen of fabulous, like I usually do every season). Layers of thermals, non-matching sweaters, a knit hat, hoodie and my polka dotted galoshes do not a cute fashionista make. Sigh. As much as I meant to make it out to more shows today, my feet were just too frozen to walk anymore. (It took me almost an hour to thaw them out when I got home.) But, I did make it backstage to the Rebecca Minkoff show!
    The look?: Parisian French.
    Stila makeup artist Sarah Lucero said that she used images of Bridgette Bardot as inspiration when creating the makeup look.
    "It's a very strong cat eye and I used a brown eyeliner instead of black for a softer look," she said. "We didn't use a lot of powder, but the face also isn't shiny. The look is super hip; as if she just came in from the cold." (Which probably wasn't too far from the truth considering the freezing temps outside haha)
    Pete Lennon, key hairstylist from Prive, described the look as being "the girl you love to hate."
    "[The look] was inspired by a really sexy French woman," he said. "She's got effortless beauty."
    He created two looks: a "top bun" and loose, tousled waves that he described as "bed head."
    "The bun literally took us five minutes to create," he said. "It's very loose and unstructured but still gives off that put together feel."
    The "bed head" look he described as what the hair would look like if she takes down the bun. In order to achieve an unforced look, lots of Prive Finishing Texture Spray was used so as not to weigh down the hair but add a workable texture.
    What do you think of the look? I just love the French cat eye and stained lips!
    xo
    Ferocia




Blog Archive