Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Backstage Beauty: L.A.M.B. Fall 2010


    Hey Glamazons! Today has been a rather tumultuous one. I woke up early in order to get backstage and cover beauty looks for the Mackage Fall 2010 show at the tents for essence.com (side note: one of my many side hustles for the week includes doing video coverage of Fashion Week for essence.com, so be sure to check it out!); then met up with my fabulous friend Elaine to head backstage for a sneak peek at BCBG. (We got there entirely too late, but I did get to chat with the amazing Jan Arnold, Co-Founder & Style Director for Creative Nail Design, about the nail look for the show.) Here's what she had to say:
    "It's a very modern manicure," she said. "A very pale nude, but not opaque and no high shine. It goes well with the Avatar hair and the clean face."
    We made it to our seats just in time to catch the show! Afterwards, we headed into the main part of the tents and I ran into my good friend Zandile who told me the shocking news about Alexander McQueen. (Which, as you know Coutura and I were so saddened by. Check out our tribute here.)
    I then ran off to one of my fave spots in the city (the Rita Hazan Salon) to see my love Adrian for a quick root touch up and color glaze. (Because, as I've said before, my hair can never be blonde enough in life.)

    After a quick blow out and styling sesh with Luden, I was ready to jet to my next destination at MILK Studios for backstage beauty coverage of the L.A.M.B. show.

    While there, I was chatting with celebrity hairstylist Danilo (he was heading up the hair team to create looks for the show; he's also Gwen Stefani's hairstylist...that's him below).

    While he was proclaiming his love for my freshly blonde locks (and I was declaring my love for him), up walks Gwen holding her youngest son. Oh, be still my heart! I've had the hugest girl crush on her since junior high school! She's so gorge...and so sweet! Sigh.

    I digress. Here's what Danilo had to say about the hair looks being created:
    "The look was feminine and sweet with a bit of edge. A center part was created and then a 1/2 inch barrel curling iron was used to create the curls. A faux bang from the line 'Hair You Wear; was also applied to some of the models in order to add a 1930's glamour look."
    On to my fave part: the makeup. Head makeup artist Charlotte Tillbury (for MAC) described the look as "a young 1930's prostitute."
    "Lips were a dramatic shaded mix of red and black, skin was pale and the eyeshadow was black and brooding. It's a very rock and roll eye. The whole look is just wild and sexy. It's like she's been out all night."

    Jan Arnold described the nail look as "1930's glamour with street edge."
    "There's a lot of leather and sharp elements in the collection; a lot of texture this season," she said. "I think the nails match this look. They look very wet; as if they never dried."
    While I wanted to stay and watch the show (ok, I'll confess: I really just wanted to stay and stare at Gwen lol), I had to hurry and get to the Ports 1961 show at the tents.
    Check out the pictures and tell us what you think about the look!
    xo
    Ferocia




Blog Archive