Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Hair & Hair Color Challenges

    HCC Email / Question #10

    My question for you is ‘when is hair too long on older women’?
    Nicole.

    Since I can remember in my career I have heard older women should have shorter hair, and perhaps years ago that was true because the beauty industry did not know any better as too stereotyping everyone. It is true that longer hair can age mature women because visually it pulls downwards something gravity unfortunately is already doing. However I feel full heartedly that it is and always will be for me the “individual”, I have seen fantastic healthy looking longer hair on women past their 50’s which for me I would say is the starting age group, the tricky stuck happens; grey, texture changes, hormones, features. And of course I have seen longer hair lengthens on mature women who look terrible, drawing attention to unfavourable features, and because ideally when we see longer hair we also associate it with youth and the connection somehow makes us perhaps think its wrong. My personal choice is shoulder length no longer than that on women who can wear longer hair or want longer hair is 50’s and up, but ideally it’s all about customization, any length any age can be complementing when it’s crafted just right for you.

Blog Archive