Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

I Got Laid Off

    Well, the day has come that one of the Glamazons has gotten laid off from the mag. It was one of those things that we all knew was coming, but not really when. However, I had a weird premonition that it was going to happen to me. This is really a bad time to be working in the magazine industry and I knew that coming in. However, I look at it as at least I came and achieved one of my biggest goals: move to NY and work at a magazine. Check!
    But everyone wants to know what it's like. At first, I was a bit stunned. My boss was really upset about having to let me go, but weirdly enough I feel like a great weight has been lifted off of my chest. Like I'm free! Now I will have the extra time to finish writing that great novel that I started as well as more time to blog (we all love that!).
    So, in the end, this is a good thing. I would like to thank all of my friends and associates that have sent me e-mails and text messages of love and concern. I really appreciate it, but I'm going to be ok.
    Also, please keep in mind that I now have freelance writer status (yes!) so you'll still be seeing more of me...in even more places...get excited because I am =)
    And to all those others that have gotten laid off, keep your head up. Everything always works out for the best in the end.
    xo
    Ferocia

Blog Archive