Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Angels In The Big Apple

    VS09-AssCheeks







    I know, I know, I'm slightly late with this post so you've probably read all about the 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show that happened this past Thursday night in New York.


    But seriously Glamazons, I (Ferocia) have been running on fumes for the past couple of weeks and booked a last second flight back home to chill out and catch my breath for a second. (City life can get pretty harsh sometimes! Not that I'm complaining about it, but it's good to take a break every now and again.) So, with that said, apologies for not posting earlier, but I was busy packing and jumping on a plane. Now that I'm settled, read on to get my opinion of the show!



    You all should know by now about my secret obsession with the Victoria's Secret Angels and I was fortunate enough to get a ticket to the show (thanks to the lovely AJ from VS Beauty...she seriously rocks my world!) Despite the dreary weather, I headed over to the site super excited! There were several other beauty editors/directors in attendance (including my lovely friends Erica Metzger from Ladies Home Journal; Heather Muir from Seventeen; April Franzino from Good Housekeeping and Leah Wyer from Cosmopolitan.








    VS09-BeautyEditors





    (from l to r) Erica, Heather & April






    VS09-Lea



    Leah Wyer (beauty director at Cosmopolitan magazine)





    While waiting for the show to begin, I spotted several celebrities walking into my section in search of their seats including Russell Simmons (who brushed right past me!) and fashion designers Zac Posen and Christian Siriano (whom I love, love, love!). Further down across the way I spotted marketing guru Steve Stoute (whom I've been secretly obsessed with meeting since I moved to the NY three years ago!), Jay Z (looking dapper in a black suit complete with bow tie; probably in preparation for Diddy's birthday party which was also happening that night) and Dr. Dre. Singer Keri Hilson looked waltzed in looking atothemazing and actress Michelle Trachtenberg looked pretty, but very pale (ew).









    JayZ and Dr. Dre (VS Show)





    Jay -Z and Dr. Dre at the VS Show 2009












    VS09-Michelle T.





    Actress Michelle Trachtenberg at the VS Show 2009












    It was while waiting for the show to begin that I started to think about last year's show in Miami and how there was something missing about this year's show versus last year's. (I was also fortunate enough to attend the show last year, click here to read all about it!)




    This year, there was no electricity in the air; no buzz. Granted, there was plenty of noise due to the mosh pit of teenagers near the stage that (I heard) were specially flown in to dance and yell in the hopes of making the crowd of jaded New Yorkers seem alive on television. Maybe it was the rain outside...or maybe it was the fact that I was extremely tired. I don't know...there just didn't seem to be as much excitement this year. I think Miami (or any other tropical city) are the perfect sites for this type of show....I mean, beaches, pools and sunshine go hand in hand with beautiful, half-naked women, wouldn't you agree?!







    The show itself was pretty awesome! This year's musical guest were The Black Eyed Peas and one look at Fergie's legs and ass in those fish nets was enough to make me want to start squatting on the spot! (Her and Beyonce's bodies are my inspiration to hit the gym haha).











    VS09-BlackEyedPeas





    The Black Eyed Peas performing at the VS Show 2009










    The first performance was "Boom Boom Boom" (one of my fave work out songs!) and was complete with glowing neon colored-clad background dancers and flashing neon lights. I couldn't help but to bop along in my seat (that beat is infectious!). I also loved the huge blow-up polka dotted dog that was in the middle of the stage during the PINK section of the show.










    VS09-Pink Dog










    Other than the Black Eyed Peas' musical performances, the surprise of seeing Heidi Klum walking (she just popped out a baby! granted she wasn't as naked as she usually is presumably because she's still on a hardcore workout regime to get tight again, but she still looked gorge!) and the fact that I got to hang out again with my beauty editor friends, I didn't really find anything else too intriguing about the show.










    VS09-Hedi Klum





    VS Angel Heidi Klum works the stage at the VS Show 2009!





    Chanel Iman looked cute (as usual) and Sesilee Lopez looked fierce in those green thigh high boots and matching lingerie set (I'd kill for a stomach like hers!). I was excited to see Liu Wen walk in the show..she's the first Asian model to do so and I hope that the VS brand continues to keep adding a more diverse roster of models to the show roster.










    VS09-Chanel Iman





    Chanel Iman shows off her 'ass'ets at the VS Show 2009.







    Missing VS Angels this year were Karolina Kurkova (who just had a baby) and Adriana Lima (who's still pregnant).




    VS09-Alessandra





    VS Angel Alessandra Ambrosio gives a new definition to the "hot" in hot pink during the VS Show 2009!




    I did manage to snap a couple of pics on my camera phone (shhh! We weren't supposed to take any pics during the show haha)


    VS09-Pink&Green Scene





    Pretty pink and green scene from the VS Show 2009










    VS09-Final Walk





    All of the models came out at the end of the show.







    Did anyone else attend this year's show? If so, what did you think? Let us know.


    And don't forget to watch the show when it airs on CBS Thursday, Dec. 1 at 10/9 central!


    xo


    Ferocia




























































































Blog Archive