Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The House on Mango Street


    Recently something, not sure what triggered in me a strong memory of The House on Mango Street. A vague recollection of this quote popped into my head.

    "Everything is holding its breath inside me. Everything is waiting to explode like Christmas. I want to be all new and shiny. I want to sit out bad at night, a boy around my neck and the wind under my skirt. Not this way, every evening talking to the trees, leaning out my window, imagining what I can't see."

    I quick google search of : 'house mango street skirt boy' pulled it right up.
    This of course sent me down a strange internet rabbit hole of Sandra Cisneros research.

    I seems some high school students made video trailers for the book in honors English.
    For some reason I find them really charming.
    **

    Also I found this video done with legos.

    **

Blog Archive