Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Featured Corner # 1

    Having just returned from thewest, Calgary/Edmonton teaching and spending time with not only incrediblehairdressers but beautiful hearts I find myself inspired to create a Featured Stylist Corner. Theseindividuals to me represent professionals that love the craft ofhairdressing, beauty, and fashion and continue to strive hoping to make a difference in ourindustry and with the people they touch. Seasoned or Newbies we  can all learn fromeach other and share in making our tribe the best there is.  

    I have written many posts in thepast regarding Permanent Waves and how shocking it is to me that the majorityof hairdressers do not do them. I know or have heard all the reasons why thisservice is almost absent in most salons or there might be one to two people whoactually do them, biggest reason I believe is fear from cosmetology school. This past weekend which endsmy season of travel for the year of educating finished with a shortvisit too one of our concept salons, an in-salon class to inspire and share formulas and a couple of quick foilplacements. I had a wonderful time with this group of smart, creative individualsthat embraced all I had to share and as always was leaving with a full heart. Ivery rarely get a chance to linger with everybody after a short class I’musually rushing to catch a plane so I don’t get a chance to see the staffactually use the tools I just taught them behind their chair, since my flightwas later on I could hang around. Not only did I see two stylists doing aplacement I taught but as well others trying my formulas, what a feeling! Nowto Katrina who has been in the industry 7 years and has been in a few of my academyclasses in the past, a true beauty inside and out with a passion for her work and peoplewith a big heart and a great student was doing a perm I was like YEAH! Someone isdoing a perm with no fear and doing it just right with all the correct Aveda productsto use with a perfect wrap on YES highlighted hair.  I loved it! and in thissalon almost all of the stylists do perms, my hats off.


    Katrina Boyeechko

    Salon Sylvia & Co Aveda Concept Salon, Sherwood Park, Alberta,