The trick at any age with hair is, prep, cleanse, nourish scalp and hair, cut regularly, color hair wisely and realistically, use organically derived products without harsh debilitating side-effects particularly in hair color, this is an easy and logical way to hold on to our hair longer.
My recommended product line
"...in last night's episode, Tyra crossed the fine line from tasteless over to offensive when she put the remaining six contestants in ethnic garb and gave them biracial identities."
Tints; once I have applied the hair color onto the roots and let it process half way I spray damage control to the rest of the hair and then comb through the color to the ends, this helps combing the hair color through easier which makes for a even saturation and application.
Highlights; before I begin I will spray the already pre-existing highlighted hair, this is a fantastic way to protect the hair from the possibility of overlapping which does occur with repeated highlights protecting the hair from weakening.
Fine Hair; this is one of the best products to recommend for those individuals that no matter what they use on their hair they still have the struggle with tangles.
For all hair types
Protects against thermal damage
Reduces breakage from combing
Helps protect against UV damage
Guido Palau is one of my favorites, he is an inspiration to many of us in the beauty industry, we take ideas from the likes of Palau and what’s on the runway’s and create variations and interpretations for the clients in the salon. A hairdressers-dresser with the creative ability to make women look powerful yet soft and for this season and many to come I am sure we will be seeing many more trend setting shapes, cuts, colors from Guido Palau.
Being in the service industry to me is an honour, I sometimes sit and think, “Wow I get paid for my passion” how grateful am I?’HUGE’. Giving gratitude to the clients that sit in my chair is through my work and the Desired End Results, a customized look with a personal experience with their hairdresser that all individuals seek, making someone feel special. A hairdressers job is labour intense, standing on the feet for hours on end , missing lunch, the pressure of being on time with every client, being alert and fast when something doesn’t seem right with the color and most important to be up and energetic when all you want to do is lay down cause your back is hurting. And yet we continue through all the adversities that come with this job because there is passion, passion for the art and having a servant’s heart and making someone’s day is worth every challenge.
- ► 2011 (244)
- ► 2010 (910)
- Happy Halloween
- Aging Hair - Over Worked Hair
- America's Next Top Model Joins the Blackface Bandw...
- Model Hair Spotlight #5
- Hair Product Spotlight: Tool #1
- Hair Accessories For FW/09
- The Truth About Weave Part II: I'm Never Giving It...
- Hairdresser Spotlight #1
- NEW! Vanessa and Angela Simmons Launch Clothing Li...
- Hairdressers Note
- The Truth About Weave Part I
- NEW!! Jean Paul Gaultier for Target
- Weekend Recap: Black Girls Rock! Awards and NeYo's...
- Ralph Lauren Size 4 Model Fired For Being Too Fat
- Letter to Karl Lagerfeld: Everyone Loves Curves
- Kanye West's Clothing Line Closes
- Hair&Hair Color Challenges
- Fake It Till You Make It
- OPI + DELL = Genius!
- Hot Hat Trends for F/W 2009-10
- French Vogue Does Blackface: Racist or Edgy?
- Sing A Song, Become A CoverGirl!
- SALON WATCH: Sassoon Salon
- Hope Sandoval & The Warm Intentions
- Hair Colors; Monochromatic
- FIRST LOOK: Mally's Signature Fragrance
- J'Adore Dior
- Fashion News: Alexander McQueen Sues Steve Madden
- Beauty and Design
- Fall Accessories Guide
- From The Closet: NEW Mascaras & Eyeliners from NAR...
- FIRST LOOK: Moschino Glamour
- Butter Blondes
- Glam or A Sham: Lindsay Lohan, Designer?
- Fall Trends! If I Were A Boy...
- Red Hair Colors For F/W 2009-10
- We hate it when our friends become successful (tot...
- RIP: Mercedes Sosa
- From the Closet: One Monif C. Dress, 22 Ways To We...
- Men's Fall Trends! Cardigan Classics
- Hair&Hair Color Challenges
- NEW!! Sonia Rykiel for H&M
- First Look! Jimmy Choo for H&M
- Fall Trends! Biker Girls
- ▼ October (44)