Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Fake It Till You Make It

    I was at a market appointment the other day and making small talk with a beauty publicist who said she follows me on Twitter and wondered when do I sleep. It made me think: when do I sleep? And when I’m sleeping, am I really sleeping? Because it doesn’t feel like it at all hahaha. I know that I’m probably not getting the required amount (it’s 6 hrs or more, right?); but somehow I feel fine. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m still tired. Maybe I’ve just adjusted to the feeling of being tired? And while I know this is not particularly too healthy, I think it’s fine. I’ll sleep when I die; or at least once I start making more money and can afford to actually sleep.

    Hopefully this day will come soon.

    In the meantime, I’ve found some shortcuts that help me to keep my healthy, youthful glow. (Or, at least not look like the hulled out, sleep deprived creature that I really am!)

    Drink lots of water. I was never a big fan of H2O (I’m still not!) but I consume large amounts of alcohol, which dries out my skin. I’ve found that when I drink large amounts of water to balance out the large amounts of alcohol then not only do I avoid hang overs, but I my skin doesn’t look haggard. I’m sure the water does other good for me things that I’m not immediately aware of, but for right now, it’s doing the trick for my outside appearance.

    Exercise. I’m also not a fan of this only because I don’t really enjoy being sweaty (well, unless it comes to doing something else..which I won’t go into, ahem lol). But I do it. I know that it’s supposed to be good for you and all that, but I think more about the superficial reasons. Let’s face it: NY is full of beautiful people. (And they’re not just models either!) I don’t think I’m going to look like a model, but I’ll be damned if I have a muffin top and a gut. Not happening here. So, I wake up early in the a.m. (usually around 6 a.m.) and go running at least 3 days out of the week. I also attend early a.m. toning classes at my gym, Crunch, two days out of the week. On the weekends, I do Pilates. On a non -superficial level, working out helps me to clear the clutter from my mind and stay focused on my life goals. Now that I do it on a regular basis, I can’t imagine NOT doing it at all!

    Working in the beauty department at a magazine is great! You have access to any and every brand on the market. Here are the skincare products that I use on a daily basis and get the Glamazon Seal of Approval:

    -Olay Professional Pro-X Age Repair Lotion w/SPF 30 ($42, drugstore.com): It’s just a white cream and has no scent. But this stuff is amazing! Not only does it protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB exposure, but it also give you the perfect amount of hydration. And (of course) it helps keep all that sagging and bagging that comes to your face with age at bay! I use this every morning.


    -Shiseido Future Solution LX Total Regenerating Cream, Night ($260, sca.shiseido.com): This stuff is amazing! Hands down, the best night cream that I’ve ever used! (And I’ve tested a lot of night creams lol) I apply at night before bed (no matter the hour) and wake up looking fresh. It contains a special exclusive formula, Skingenecell 1P, to counteract the appearance of future aging, so I know that I’m all set in the aging category. (I may still be in my twenties, but it’s never to early to start worrying about wrinkles haha)


    -Olay Professional Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex ($42, drugstore.com): Another winner from this line that I use in the a.m. and p.m. I don’t usually get dark circles underneath my eyes, but I did notice some crow’s feet. Since I’ve started using this (which was about 6 mths ago), my eye area has never looked better! (And I’ve tried a lot of eye creams! Lol)


    -Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask ($52, bliss.com): I call this my “Jesus In A Bottle.” Hahaha Those long days at work and crazy nights out never show up on my face due to this product. I was recently turned on to it about a month ago after getting an amazing triple oxygen facial at the bliss spa. I use it 3 times a week in the shower. Just pump out a bit, put all over your face (avoiding the eye area) and it immediately starts to ‘puff up’ and gives a nice, tingly sensation. What it does is deliver oxygen to the skin and leaves it looking brighter and feeling tighter. It contains a powerful form of Vitamin C as well as a nice cocktail of good-for-you antioxidants. Genius!


    -Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash ($29, bliss.com): It’s a gel cleanser and exfoliator in one that gently cleanses away the day’s dirt and makeup without stripping your skin and leaving it with that tight, dry feeling. I love the color (blue!) the smell (very relaxing) and it comes in a huge bottle; so I feel like I’m never going to run out. (It seriously lasts me for months!)


    -Clinique Sparkle Skin Exfoliator ($20, Clinique.com): Leaves my skin looking radiant! I apply and scrub away with this every other day in the shower.


    -Philosophy Coconut Frosting Salt Scrub ($25, philosophy.com): I love good, yummy smells and since the Clinique scrub, I turn to this one when I want a good scent. It’s oil-free, contains sea salt and leaves your skin feeling soft. And did I mention that it smells delicious?!


    -The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter ($20, thebodyshop-usa.com): I love to slather this on while I’m still damp from the shower! It has the most beautiful scent (think of freshly picked roses) and even contains Moroccan rose extracts in the formula! Community Trade shea butter and babassu oil also help to leave your skin super soft to the touch.


    -La Mer The Body Crème ($195 for the jar; $130 for the tube, cremedelamer.com): I use this when I’m feeling fancy or for, ahem, ‘special occasions.’ Now I understand why women go gaga for this stuff. It leaves your skin looking radiant (I once had a guy tell me that my skin was glowing..score!) and never greasy. You can put it on at night and not have to reapply any type of lotion in the morning. Love, love, love this stuff!


    Have you used any of these products? If so, what did you think? If not, try them and let us know what you think!

    xo

    Ferocia

Blog Archive