Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Fab or Flop: American Music Awards

    Last night, the American Music Awards brought out a bevy of starlets, moguls and celebutantes who served up the glamour and glitz.


    Photobucket




    Luminaries, like Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift, sparkled in assymetric, metallic minis.




    Photobucket




    I think Miley stole the show with her black and gold strapless Marchesa dress, which merged the hottest trends of the season, metallic (the shimmery color) and goddess (draping and braided waistline). She was on fire!


    Pink cleaned up nicely in a dazzling Vivienne Westwood gown with plenty of beaded embroidery. I loved the hair - the "Rihanna" goes across color lines.



    Photobucket



    Speaking of which, Princess Rihanna looked darling in a soft yellow ruffled dress by one of her fave designers, Zac Posen, with gloves and jeweled Devi Kroell peeptoe pumps.




    Photobucket






    One of the big winners of the night, she was just stunning. Never gets it wrong on the red carpet!


    P.S. Though...was she channeling Slick Rick in her performance? She always pushes the fashion bar a little bit, which you gotta love.



    Photobucket


    She's really starting to look like Prince to me...which is a good thing---he's gorgeous, but I'm just saying...



    Photobucket



    Anyway, you be the judge. Who was fab, and who flopped?


    I liked Christina Aguillera's Elie Saab gown (though haven't I seen her in something just like it before?) but her hair looked like a cheap Marilyn Monroe wig. I love her, but feel like something's always off...? And what'd you think of that medley? I was secretly waiting for Come On Over...but I'll get over it. FAB.


    Photobucket





    The Pussycats got all dolled up in designs from the fiercest bitch of all, Christian Siriano. Though I adored Nicole's dress and the yellow one was sooo chic, the rest was uninspired to me, and looked like I could pick it up at Bebe. Still FAB.


    Photobucket





    These two are a hot mess. And wasn't that the same Dolce & Gabbana gown Kim from Real Housewives of Atlanta wore to Deshawn's event? For some reason, I think Mariah and Kim would be friends (maybe once her country singing career takes off). Either way, it's a good look for Mariah. FAB.




    Photobucket




    P.S. Why did she feel the need to bring Nick Cannon onstage? Who does that? You're married, we get it. Do we really need to keep seeing him everywhere? And didn't he make jokes or something on his own? Can we let him get back to that?



    Alicia Keys is sweet enough, but the look just wasn't cohesive. With a Grecian, one-shoulder Armani Prive gown, the Indian-inspired silver bindi came out of nowhere. And I don't get the earrings. But she's a natural beauty and shines regardless. Plus I thought her eye make-up, which accented her already exotic eyes, was phenomenal. FAB BY DEFAULT.




    Photobucket


    Photobucket





    I was probably the most surprised by Queen Latifah. She looks tiny (go Jenny)!!! The assymetrical, metallic dress looked beautiful against her skin (as always, she just glows). And though the fit was a bit off, we can forgive that given all the weight she lost. Very glam! And I have to get those hoops once they copy them at Express. FAB.



    Photobucket


    And what was meaning of this? Why is Toccarra coming out looking like Lil Bo Peep Show?



    Photobucket


    Definite FLOP.


    And let's not forget about the boysss!




    Photobucket




    Chris Brown looked amazing! I loved the contrast of the preppy bowtie and cardigan with the biker leather jacket. The pairing was edgy, cool and grown up for him. Looks like Rih's fashion sense is rubbing off...FAB.





    Photobucket


    I can't help but laugh at this picture. All the more reason to praise Chris Brown for making bow ties look cool. FLOP.






    Photobucket




    Ugh...I don't know what to say, Kanye. I know you wanted to promote your Pastelle line, but didn't you know you were going to an Award show tonight? It's not like you to not try (and that random fur thing you threw on does not count as trying). And to spaz out when you don't get awards and give the one you win away? I'm worried. FLOP.




    Yeah and where was Beyonce on the red carpet?! Bey may have been MIA, but Sasha came onstage and killed it! Easily the best performance of the night. And I need a good superlong weave ponytail that flips around and bounces right back. Loove it! SUPERFAB.


    Photobucket


    I'd love to meet the Queen who came up with the idea for her to hold her weave up, then twirl it and saunter off the stage like Naomi Cambell. I bet he's ferosh.




    So what'd you guys think of the fashions? Loved Christian Siriano's doll clothes? Think I'm wrong about Alicia's Indian-inspired bindi? Sound off.



    Kisses,


    Coutura

Blog Archive